Pages

Have you got a design dilemma? Then let me help you! I am offering my Design Services for FREE for a limited time.. Please email me for more information :)

Monday 4 July 2011

A Restyle and a Rescue!

Another task crossed off my list! I have finally restyled my bedroom tallboy, it was really ugly and bland before... I just pretty much put whatever I could find on there. We didn't have very many accessories, we moved up North about 9 months ago - and hated it! but thats a long story... Let's just say living in the middle of no where on 100 acres with no neighbours is soooo not my thing! lol

Anyway when we moved back we kinda just threw most of our stuff out so we could start afresh.. and in the mean time just made do with what we had! So now that I have accrued up a couple of pretties for the house I can finally start decorating it a little.

So here is the before picture...


(Very bllahhhhhhh)

And here is what it looks like now.........


I have still got a fair bit to do but I think its looking much better then it did before. That photo frame was originally just wood, but I painted it blue as I am planning on doing my bedroom Black, White and a bluey colour for accessories!

I still need to make a piece of art for that massive frame - I was thinking maybe something along the lines of this one that I seen over at Just A Girl Blog. I can't believe how creative she is, I am so jeleous! lol Why can't I think up great masterpieces like this!


And possibly add/change the photo frames around.... Hmmm i'm not sure, what do you think??

On a completely different note, we went to go to the Thrift shop on the weekend - I will never go back there again, can you believe they wanted $200 for a second hand run down lounge!! Anyway on with the story, there was a craft shop across from it, and Mr P said I should go have a look, but it didn't look like anyone was there so we weren't going to bother... but I am soooo glad we did because we found a poor little sick possum! :(


You can't see its leg, but it was pretty bad, all the fur had fallen off aswell on it's tail :( So of course we had to rescue it!!

This was funny because as you know, possums ATTACK!! lol they're pretty nasty and like to run up your leg if you get too close... but this one just kept following Mr P around looking up at him (He obviously wanted us to save him) haha


After all the chasing Mr P finally caught him - without being attacked! lol so we wrapped him up in a towel, put him in a box and took him to the animal hospital. I was so afraid he was going to die of shock, but we made it there in one piece and with a living possum :)

That was our eventful Saturday! I called the animal hospital this morning and GOOD news - he is still alive and has gone to a carer to hopefully be rehabilitated!

I hope all of your weekends were as eventful as ours! I'd love to hear what you got up to :)

No comments: