Pages

Have you got a design dilemma? Then let me help you! I am offering my Design Services for FREE for a limited time.. Please email me for more information :)

Friday 1 July 2011

Restyled Book Shelf

Well if you have been reading my blog (Hopefully someone is lol) you will know that I am participating in the 10 Tasks in Ten Days challenge. So far I have only done one thing from my list :-/ I know I am a bit slow, but I am still getting there, eventually!!

I finally got my butt into gear and re-decorated our shelf in the dining room. It was kinda hard because it really is a tiny shelf, and I have the baby and cat to keep in mind (the cat is always in my shells at the moment, I think I am going to have to find a new home for them :(

Here is what it looked like before... (It was more of just a dumping place, and is the only shelves we have in the dining/lounge room)




I know it's really quite embarrassing to even show all of you how un-decorated, cluttered and horrible it looked!! Buuuttt its all for the good of making me trying to make it look better. I think I have a long way to go still.... Those photos up there aren't the prettiest, but they are really sentimental to Mr P and myself and we had no where else to put them - but they have a new home now, yay! 

This is what it looks like now..


Haha we look like geeks in that photo! But I had to have it, it was one of the most wonderful and romantic days of my life.. when Mr P proposed to me!! That photo was taken in the helicopter :) 

But that story could be a post for another day.. Hmmmm not sure, if you wanna hear all the nitty grittys lol but if you do, be sure to let me know and ill scream it from the tree tops :) hahaha




And there are my shells that the cat has taken a new liking to. I might have to move them before she demolishes them completely... Damn! That means I will have to find something else to go there, that can't be destroyed. Any ideas???

I used a couple of things from when I went to Ikea, they found homes! In the black frame is a crossword I made about me and Mr P and our special dates/memories. (This is a great idea for a gift if your looking for something that cost NOTHING!)

Well thats my makeover. I like it a lot more then before, I think it looks much cleaner and not so jumbled :) 

What have you made over lately? I'd love to see it!

No comments: